If you're a newcomer to the field or seeking an up-to-the-minute refresher course, Learn the Basics is the conference for you. Our speakers and panelists will provide a comprehensive and straightforward overview of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) Program and engage the audience in an interactive and open discussion about some of the critical issues facing the affordable housing industry in 2019 and beyond.
Topics covered during this 1½-day program include:
- An in-depth overview of the basic rules governing the LIHTC, and how LIHTC transactions are being structured in today's complex business environment;
- Understanding the financial aspects of LIHTC properties, with a hands-on analysis of the financial projections prepared for a typical LIHTC property;
- A detailed overview of the various business, legal, tax, and accounting issues involved in structuring LIHTC transactions;
- A practical look at the critical issues facing developers, investors, lenders, and government agencies when structuring LIHTC transactions, and how these important industry participants work together to develop LIHTC properties;
- Using tax-exempt bonds to qualify for LIHTCs;
- Unlocking value and seizing opportunities in Year 15, and how to select and execute the best Year 15 strategy at your LIHTC property in Year 15;
- Real-world advice on how to efficiently navigate the complex compliance and occupancy restrictions governing LIHTC properties; and
- Assessing the state of the debt and equity markets in 2019, and how the current political climate may affect the future of the Low-Income Housing Tax Credit Program.